What is dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is one of the facial treatments that provide instant gratification without the use of chemicals. It is a simple and safe manual technique for exfoliating the skin while removing fine vellus hair, also called peach fuzz. The procedure involves using a small, modified surgical blade to gently scrape the surface of the epidermis with light, feathery strokes, leaving the skin smooth and vibrant.
What are the benefits of dermaplaning?
- It diminishes the appearance of dry, fine lines.
- It encourages faster cell turnover and dewy skin.
- It smooths skin texture.
- It results in a healthier more radiant appearance of the skin.
- It allows peels to penetrate more deeply into the skin.
- It prepares the skin for further rejuvenating procedures such as laser treatments.
Why do patients love dermaplaning?
- It is non-invasive and has minimal side effects and downtime.
- It is a quick treatment that busy patients can have done over a lunch break.
- It provides immediate results with no pain.
Who is a candidate for dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is suitable at all ages. While most skin types can benefit from the treatment our aesthetician does not recommended dermaplaning for highly acneic skin.
What areas can be treated?
Dermaplaning is only performed on the face.
Will my peach fuzz grow back thicker?
No, the light vellus hair that you may have on your faces will grow back the same size, shape and color. Never thicker. If you have a few coarse, darker hairs, they will come back the same way. But, lucky for you we also offer electrolysis for that.
What dermaplaning treatments does Advanced Medical Aesthetics offer?
Advanced Medical Aesthetics offers two dermaplaning treatments that are becoming patients’ favorites.
- Dermaplane Light is a standalone treatment for patients who are sensitive to peels and lasers, yet want the benefit of a deep exfoliation and radiant skin. Our Aesthetician uses the manual exfoliation process and tops you with a biocellulose restorative masque.
- Dermaplane Deluxe uses the same exfoliation process PLUS a mild clinical grade peel that is suitable for all skin types; it is an add on to other treatments to exfoliate and decongests pores while hydrating skin. A biocellulose restorative masque is also applied to aid in the recovery process of your deep exfoliating peel. The result are glowing, radiant, even skin tone.